A favorite winter recipe in our home. In fact, a requested dish.
Garlic Roasted Chicken
Ingredients: 3-4 pound whole chicken, 3-5 bulbs of garlic, oil, kosher salt, and pepper.
1. Preheat a frying pan in the oven at 450 degrees.
2. Rub a thawed, rinsed, and dried chicken with oil, 1 tablespoon kosher salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
3. Peel 20 or more cloves of garlic. I like to cut the bottom off the garlic cloves for easy peeling.
4. Once the oven is preheated, melt 1 tablespoon butter in the frying pan. Spread it around evenly in the pan.
5. Place the chicken in the pan and then spread the garlic around the outside of the chicken. Be sure to stir the garlic in the butter.
6. Roast the chicken at 450 degrees for 30 minutes. Baste the chicken with the garlicky butter 2-3 times during this time. Also be sure to stir the garlic. I can almost taste it at this point…
7. Turn the oven off and let the chicken cook another half hour.
8. Remove the pan from the oven and let the chicken rest for 15 minutes. Carve and serve.
Doesn’t it look delicious? Nice and golden brown, and oh so moist. And you must try the garlic. It’s as good as the chicken!